Elderwood Nurse Aide (CNA) Training Program in Syracuse, New York
Requisition ID 2018-3804
# of Openings 8
Posted Date 2018-05-16
Area of Interest Training
Position Type Regular Part-Time
Nurse Aide (CNA) Trainees: Want so start a rewarding careering in the ever expanding nursing field? Join our Nurse Aide Training Program and be part of our award winning organization while enjoying increased salaries, benefits, & renovated facilities!
Elderwood at Liverpool (formerly Birchwood) is searching for 8 dedicated trainees to join our unpaid training program consisting of classroom and lab sessions where they will learn the skills required to successfully complete the NYS CNA Certification Exam. The exam is 2 part (written and skills.)
Upon certification and assignment to a Nursing Unit on Evening shift: the CNAs perform direct and indirect care to promote the comfort, safety, and convalescence of residents as directed by Nurse Manager/Nursing Supervisor/Charge Nurse. Must be competent in all skills on the resident care skills orientation checklist.
Training Program Details:
The classes will tentatively starts in mid/late July and is an unpaid 100-Hour Training Program spread over 3 weeks, with an additional week for review and testing with the State. Perfect attendance is crucial as any days absent will be counted against the minimum 100 hours required and you forfeit your ability to test.
All applicants must successfully pass the Test for Adult Basic Education (TABE), drug screen, background check, reference check, and NYS DOH Criminal History Record Check prior to the start of the program. Finally, we have the ability to hire our Trainee's on as Support Aides so you have the ability to earn extra money during your unpaid trainings. No previous experience is necessary. **This is not a recertification class**
Trainees work 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday - Friday while in classroom and lab sessions. Then work 6:30 AM - 3:30 PM during clinical rotation. When working as a Support Aide hours to work are available on days/evenings. Upon graduation assignments are most likely Full or Part-time on Evening shift 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM, based on the needs of Nursing.
Elderwood is a strong and growing company that is truly invested in its employees. We just recently increased our wages and offer an excellent benefits package, including health, dental and vision coverage, paid vacations and holidays, an Education and Tuition Assistance Program and much more.
Or send our resume/questions to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Nursing Assistant Trainee Duties:
After receiving appropriate instruction and demonstrating skill competency will provide personal and nursing care to meet the physical and emotional needs of residents, under the direct supervision of a trainee supervisor or charge nurse. CNA graduates will be working on Evening shift 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM.
Other CNA duties include but are not limited to:
- * Transport residents or accompanies ambulatory residents as assigned to various locations in the building including the dining room, activity program areas, therapy or treatment areas.
- * Make unoccupied resident beds, as assigned.
- * Assist in the Dining Room with food service to residents, under the direction of licensed therapy staff; duties include passing trays, cutting meat, opening cartons or other containers.
- * Distribute supplemental nourishments to residents who do not need to be fed, as directed.
- * Conduct informal activities on the nursing unit when time permits, as directed.
- * Supply fresh water in resident's rooms, as directed.
- * Prepare bed and bedwear of resident's at hour of sleep, as assigned.
- * Clean and sanitize resident wheelchairs
- * Help keep general areas of the assigned nursing unit neat and orderly, as directed.
- * Clean resident's equipment (wheelchair/geri chair, bed, etc.), as assigned.
- * Keep the rooms of residents orderly, as assigned.
- * Notify therapist of any unusual incidents regarding residents.
Nursing Assistant Trainee Requirements:
- * Seventeen (17) years of age; high school diploma or equivalent required
- * No findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment and misappropriation of property through any current or previous licensing agency.
- * Ability to verbally communicate well with residents, families, and staff members.
- * Ability to take part in a training program (which includes a clinical skills examination and written examination) required.
- * Ability to read and understand task assignments, report verbally and provide written documentation as required.
- * Display of genuine concern for the elderly; a dependable, patient and compassionate attitude towards residents. Display a demeanor which is always respectful of residents' rights and wishes.
- * Ability to cooperate and maintain respectful treatment of others. Display a sense of responsibility, maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with residents, families, and other staff members.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.