Jewish Community Center Fitness Floor Staff in Metairie, Louisiana
- Be available to assist members when on duty and always be willing to serve members.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and represent the JCC in a positive light whether you are working your scheduled hours or just at the JCC on your own time.
- Become familiar with the members' names as a tool to aid in customer service.If you cannot answer a question from a member, admit that and find a member of the Sports & Wellness Management Team to assist the member.
- When not busy doing towels, cleaning, or performing other duties, re-stack weights, straighten fitness equipment on both the fitness floor and in the circuit training room, and bring used towels from the spa and fitness floor to the laundry room.
- If either you or a JCC member determines that a piece of equipment is not operating properly or safely, notify the Manager on-duty immediately and restrict use of equipment.
- Complete the assigned cleaning duties during your shift. It will be the duty of the Manager to review and approve your cleaning/maintenance duties with you before your shift ends.You are not to leave to JCC at the end of a shift until the Manager deems that all closing operations are complete and releases you to leave.
- Continuously check televisions and music for appropriate volume levels and content. Change any stations which are inappropriate.
- Check member workouts for safety issues. Inform members when exercises are deemed to be unsafe.
- Enforce all policies and procedures of the Sports & Wellness Department.
- Perform exercise orientations, showing new members how to safely use machines, change settings, and read electronic outputs on cardio equipment.
- Act and dress professionally. Report to work on time for your scheduled shift and use the hand scanner to clock in, and ALWAYS wear your staff shirt and nametag. You are not allowed to wear jackets over your staff shirt unless they are JCC jackets.
- Be responsible for finding replacements for any time needed off. If you need a substitution for your shift, you MUST let Wellness Director know at least 24 hours in advance. Please be sure to have an updated phone list and keep it with you.If you get sick, you must contact one of the members of the Sports & Wellness Management Team members immediately (talk to them, do not leave a voicemail). It is your responsibility to find an appropriate substitute for all shifts that you are schedule for, but cannot work.
- Must be available to work weekends.
- Be sure that all JCC members leave the building by close of business that day.
- No use of cell phones, watching TVs, or leaning on walls, or using/leaning on equipment while on duty. Be alert and accessible to members at all times.
- There should always be at least one person on the fitness floor at all times. Coordinate your duties accordingly.
- No eating is allowed in the Fitness Center. You may take scheduled breaks in the lounge downstairs. All breaks are 15 minutes, to be completed at least 2 hours before your shift ends. Tardiness is not acceptable and will be subject to the discipline policy.
- If periodic staff meetings are necessary, they will be announced to you and it is MANDATORY that you attend. Any individuals who cannot make the meetings must have their absences approved by Wellness Director and you must schedule an appointment with them to go over what went on at the meeting.
- Report any problems, supplies needed, or situations that arise needing immediate attention to a member of the Sports & Wellness Management Team.
- If a member is performing an exercise improperly and you deem it to be unsafe (for either the member or the equipment), politely offer to show them a more effective way to perform the exercise. If the problem persists, alert the Sports & Wellness Management Team to the situation so that it might be resolved.
- Must be CPR/AED certified and be able to show proof of such certification.
Working the fitness floor could include greeting members, engaging members, helping members, cleaning, folding towels, etc.
Date Posted: 03/14/2018
Title: Fitness Floor Staff
JCC: Goldring-Woldenberg JCC - Metairie
Location: Metairie, LA