Baxter Training Sup I-Manufacturing in Marion, North Carolina
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
This section focuses on the main purpose of the job in one to four sentences.
The Technical Trainer is responsible for ensuring training effectiveness in a specific production area to ensure manufacturing goals and project deadlines are met while maintaining compliance with current good manufacturing practices (GMPs), environmental health and safety (EHS) guidelines and any other regulations that could apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This section contains a list of five to eight primary responsibilities of this role that account for 5% or more of the work. The incumbent will perform other duties assigned.
Establish a deep understanding of the tasks covered in their work area in order to successfully:
- Conduct training needs analysis for specific employee groups.
- Design, develop, implement and deliver specific on the job training and development initiatives.
- Uses prescribed performance and learning tools, concepts, and models to mentor and coach on the job trainers.
- Measure and monitor training program effectiveness
- Manage the coordination of learning and development activities for new hires, contractors and employees.
Analyze training data and participate in learning and development continuous improvement efforts to improve performance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Solid analytical and system thinking skills
- Good presentation and group facilitation skills
- Knowledgeable of adult learning
- Good instructional design skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to interface well with other departments, and lead effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting.
- Strong professional writing skills and ability to prepare technical reports.
- Ability to understand GMPs, OSHA and other regulatory guidelines applicable to the medical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Good computer skills.
- Interact with all levels of personnel to analyze and solve problems related to manufacturing, Quality, documentation, and human performance issues.
- Work in and facilitate a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries, and present information to groups and senior management.
Excellent customer service skills.
Education and/or Experience: Include the education and experience that is necessary to perform the job satisfactorily.
BS degree with 0-3 years of manufacturing or equivalent experience.
1-3 years of experience in training and or adult learning preferred
Proven project management experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster Supplement Pay Transparency Policy
/ / Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to CorporateStaffingDeerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Organization: *Global Operations - Manufacturing
Title: Training Sup I-Manufacturing
Location: North Carolina-Marion
Requisition ID: 180007R6