eBay Senior Instructional Designer in Draper, Utah
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Located in Salt Lake City, Utah. This is a senior level Instructional Design position within the Global Learning Organization (GLO), supporting eBay Global Customer Experience (GCX). This role will report to the GLO Sr. Manager of Global Design.
The Instructional Designer utilizes adult learning methods and industry standard design principles to create learning experiences that help GCX teammates to successfully build an engaged and loyal member community.
The Senior Instructional Designer works closely with other Instructional Designers, project managers, global counterparts, and internal clients. This position requires a minimal amount of supervision.
• Conduct comprehensive needs analysis incorporating adult learning theory
• Manage stakeholder expectations against project recommendations to ensure consensus and agreement
• Design learning, performance, and business objectives that are relevant as per the agreed product recommendation incorporating learner considerations
• Develop, in conjunction with the Evaluation Team, an evaluation strategy to determine the effectiveness of learning interventions
• Utilize project management principles to develop a comprehensive project plan in which to manage the project timelines/deliverables
• Utilizing industry standard design principals, design and develop participant guides, PPTs or other visual aids, facilitator guides, job aids, training videos, and eLearnings, etc.
• Deliver content in 'Train the Trainer' sessions
• Conduct learner analysis for assigned instructional tasks, resulting in a clear GAP analysis as the basis for instructional content
• Interview Subject Matter Experts (policy managers, product managers, requestors, stakeholders, teammates, etc.) to ensure content accuracy and relevance
• Utilize instructional models and adult learning methods to design learning experiences that promote practice, retention, and application of new skills and knowledge
• Enhance the implementation of existing methods and introduce new methods and techniques to the design team offerings
• Create training in compliance with key processes, style guides, and templates
• Participate on global projects as requested, with minimal supervision
• Lead small to medium sized regional or global projects with medium to high business impact as assigned
• Develop and manage project plan including: total hours to complete a project, draft dates, review dates, final product dates
• Coordinate project tasks with management and team members as needed. Maintain open and streamlined communication with all staff involved in new initiatives and projects as related to training. Communicate with client, project management, L&OD, and other staff on all aspects of project from analysis to evaluation.
• Work as a professional partner and learning consultant when interfacing with internal customers to solve business problems in ways that meet the needs of all key stakeholders, including the learner.
·Experience in using popular development tools such as Adobe Suite and Articulate products
·Strong technical writing and information mapping skills
·Some experience in graphic design
·Experience with Learning Management Systems a plus
·Degree in Instructional Design or similar field a plus
View our accessibility info at https://www.ebayinc.com/accessibility/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com . We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement