Leidos Agile Release Train Engineer in DAYTON, Ohio
Leidos ranks in the top 40 on LinkedIn’s 2017 "Top Companies" list. We offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
We are seeking a talented Agile Release Train Engineer to join our team in enhancing our live streaming video applications and services, which are in active use by our global customers. This position is located in Dayton, OH or Charlottesville, VA.
As the Release Train Engineer (RTE), you will facilitate the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Agile Release Train (ART) processes and program execution, escalate impediments, manage risk, and help drive program-level continuous improvement for a high-profile Leidos program. You are responsible for facilitating program level work within the SAFe framework and coordinating with ISR Portfolio Product Owners, Systems Engineer, and Customer stakeholders.
• Ensure mission execution, lead and facilitate software teams on the ART through development and delivery, guide the transition to and implementation of SAFe, facilitate the Product Owner Sync and support Scrum of Scrum meetings, and is Agile and SAFE facilitator and coach at the Program level.
• Help to guide and manage the ART and the teams through the delivery of software and services, embracing and casting the Agile mindset across client spaces.
• Provide guidance in Agile, Scrum, and SAFe and leads Agile delivery teams consisting of a mix of organization and possibly contractor/vendor staff.
• Support ART teams with ART Launch and Agile transformations.
• Serve as an expert on Agile software principles to other team members.
• Engage directly with stakeholders to define mission value and prioritize work and build intellectual capital in Agile techniques.
• Collaborate with the communities of practice, develop and conduct Agile-oriented training, and identify and deploy key metrics to enable continuous improvement.
• Represent product owners in Scrum of Scrums meeting to report impediments for escalation
• Support scrum ceremonies for the team (Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo)
• Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner. Act as a conduit to other ISR Portfolio teams and lines of business stakeholders
• Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burn-down, burn-up charts, and cumulative flow diagram)
• Bachelor of Science in Technical related field and at least 8 years of software development experience (either as Project Manager, systems engineer, tester or developer)
• 2+ years of experience working in a scaled Agile environment (multiple teams supporting single product)
• Previous experience engaging stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations
• Certified Scrum Master
• Should have Agile experience/knowledge of key agile techniques including Kanban, Lean, XP, and Scrum
• Project coordination expertise with Atlassian (Jira) tools
- SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:* U.S. Citizenship with an active Secret clearance and ability to obtain/maintain TS/SCI clearance.
• Must have at least 4 years of experience leading Agile teams/servicing as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Release Train Engineer
• Experience working at an organization going through an SAFe Agile transformation
• Scaled Agile certifications (SA, SPC)
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.