Columbus State Community College Instructional Designer - Multimedia in Columbus, Ohio
*Job Description: *
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements. Duties are numbered for convenience, and do not indicate order in terms of importance, frequency that the duty is performed, or the amount of time spent on the duty.
1) Interacts with faculty and staff in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests regarding distance education courses and issues.
2) Gathers information, analyzes symptoms, accurately diagnoses and resolves technical issues and/or redirects problems to appropriate resources.
3) Follows standard processes and procedures, and accurately records requests.
4) Collaborates with faculty and staff subject matter experts to help create high-quality online courses, video based content and programs that represent the most current, research-based ideas in a given industry and instructional/curricular strategies.
5) Ensures that Columbus State's vision and mission are reflected in all aspects of the student online experience.
6) Ensures course support and development is completed on time and meets standards of quality.
7) Models exceptional customer service, teamwork, and professionalism in the development / support process.
8) Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as needed to meet workload demands.
9) Performs other related duties as required.
Usual Physical Demands: The incumbent of this position typically exhibits the physical demands identified in the Functional Job Analysis on file in the College’s Human Resources Department and which is periodically reviewed and updated. Physical demands listed in the Functional Job Analysis are not job qualification standards, but are used to help the College assess and determine reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals covered by the American’s with Disabilities Act.
While performing duties of this job, the employee regularly stands, walks, sits and uses hands to handle and control equipment. The employee occasionally reaches with hands or arms, stoops, kneels, crouches or crawls. The employee occasionally exhibits digital dexterity and eye-hand coordinating when performing tasks. Employee regularly lifts or exerts force on items, with varying weight up to 25 pounds. Working Conditions:** Normal working conditions with occasional exposure to wet, humid or other outdoor conditions. Employee is occasionally exposed to minor cuts, burns or other situations that may cause injury while operating job equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud suite and Mac OS. Broad understanding of: relevant multimedia software computer applications and equipment; multimedia design; green screen and chromakeying techniques; familiarity with production script writing and storyboarding. Skills in: planning, organizing and self-management; superior critical thinking, problem-solving, analysis, and synthesis skills; utilizing Microsoft Office, multimedia software applications, and the Internet; customer service. Ability to: work creatively, independently, and in a team environment; demonstrate initiative; develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors, and general public; maintain confidential and sensitive information; work across academic content areas, technologies, software, and tools; maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks, schedule, or work environment; adjust positively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures; write and speak clearly and effectively using proper professional etiquette.
Bachelor's degree or 3 years of equivalent experience in multimedia (audio/video) production and development, video arts, or a technology-related creative field. State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Preferred Qualifications: Extensive experience with video editing, compositing, production, and post-production, including expertise with Adobe Premiere Pro and/or Adobe After Effects. Experience with Adobe Audition and/or audio production.**