SMG Fitness Instructor - Morgan Park Sports Center in Chicago, Illinois
Job Title: Fitness Instructor -- Part-time
Department: Morgan Park Sports Center
Reports To: Yoga & Fitness Coordinator
Summary: With passion and dedication to excellence The Morgan Park Yoga & Fitness Instructor will build, establish and promote The Morgan Park Yoga & Fitness Program by applying proven instruction methods that both inspire and guide each and every student regardless of age, experience, and or knowledge of Yoga and other Fitness Programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instructs scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time; provides adequate and effective fitness skills and lessons
- Instructs patrons on appropriate workout methods; explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises and identifies different muscle groups
- Prepares appropriate equipment, music, and handouts for each class
- Assists patrons, answers questions, and maintains a positive fitness experience for members and class participants
- Keeps management informed of customer and facility needs
- Ensures that safety standards are met, and department and facility policies are adhered to
- Implements and regulates the facilities' policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as required
- Previous teaching experience in a group setting required.
- Able to teach fitness classes related to: Fitness, Boot Camp, Strength Training, Cardio and Interval Training.
- Self-motivated, with excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Punctual, reliable, organized and responsible.
- Keeps management informed of customer and facility needs.
- Ensures that safety standards are met, and that department and facility policies are adhered to.
- Performs related duties as required.
Qualifications: The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must possess current Red Cross CPR certification, Certified Instructor (ACE, AFAA) or equivalent. Additional specialty/certifications preferred. Have working knowledge of human anatomy, kinesiology and training principles. Have working knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies and the incorporation of music, tempo, technique, and rhythm. Ability to be professional and motivate class participants. Ability to cooperate and work well with other staff members.
Other Qualifications: Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member. This position requires the ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit for long hours and work with various types of fitness equipment. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally must aide or assist participants. The employee must have the endurance to complete the instruction of the assigned fitness program.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled